Birds and Agriculture: Current Status, Problems and Prospects of Study
We invite you to attend the III International ornithological conference “Birds and Agriculture: Current State, Problems, and Study Prospects”, which will take place in the conference hall of the Kislovodskiy National Park (21, Kurortny Blvd, Kislovodsk, Stavropol Krai, FSBI “National Park “Kislovodskiy”) on 21–22 September 2023.
The discussion of a wide range of actual problems on the distribution, ecology, and practical importance of birds in agrocenoses is planned.
The main thematic areas of the Conference are
1. Morphology and variability of traits within individual bird populations of agricultural buildings. 2;
2. Ecology of individual bird species and populations in agrocenoses;
3. Adaptation of birds to agricultural landscapes; 4;
4. Impact of pesticide pollution on avifauna of agrocenoses;
5. Protection of rare and regulation of population of common birds in agrocenoses; 6;
6. Protected areas and agrocenoses: ecological relations and nature-oriented technologies.
Dr. Lyubov Malovychko, Professor, Russian State Agrarian University, Moscow State Academy of Agriculture named after K.A. Timiryazev
- Melnikov Vladimir - Candidate of Biological Sciences, President of the Russian Bird Conservation Union;
- Naumenko Dmitry Sergeevich - Director of FSBI "Kislovodskiy National Park";
- Telpov Viktor Andreyevich - Candidate of Biological Sciences, Director of Interdistrict Territorial Young Naturalists' Station of Kislovodsk.
Members of the Organizing committee
- Kidov Artem Aleksandrovich - Candidate of Biological Sciences, Head of Zoology Department, RSAU-ICCA named after K.A. Timiryazev;
- T.K. Zheleznova - Doctor of Biology, Professor of K.A. Timiryazev RSAU-IMCA;
- Vasilevskaya Alexandra Alekseevna - assistant of the Department of Zoology of K.A. Timiryazev RSAU-ICCA;
- Kuznetsova Valeria Vyacheslavovna, assistant of the Department of Zoology of K.A. Timiryazev RSAU-IASA;
- Fayskanova Alisa Borisovna - PhD in Economics, Deputy Director for Science and Development, FSBI "Kislovodskiy National Park";
- Yuferev Dmitry Pavlovich - Deputy Director for Youth Naturalist Interdistrict Territorial Station
- Viktoria Viktorovna Yufereva - Candidate of Biological Sciences, Head of the Scientific Department of the FSBI "Kislovodskiy National Park".
Representatives of relevant ministries, supervisory agencies, research, environmental and educational institutions, public organisations whose activities are related to the subject of the Conference are invited to participate.
The programme includes plenary and breakout sessions.
Format of participation in the Conference
full attendance, plenary report (20 minutes)
full-time participation, report at the breakout session (10 min);
full-time participation, listener;
online participation (speaker);
online participation (listener);
absentee participation (publication in the conference proceedings).
Working language of the conference
Materials presented at the Conference are to be published in the collection of "Birds and Agriculture: Current State, Problems, and Perspectives of Study" (Proceedings of the III International Ornithology Conference). They will be assigned ISBN, placed on the Kislovodskiy National Park site, and registered in the Russian Science Citation System.
In order to take part in the Conference it is necessary to send the filled in registration form and the text of article before July 10, 2023 to e-mail email@example.com (Alexandra Alekseevna Vasilevskaya) to form the preliminary program and prepare the materials for the Conference. The application form, article text, and illustrations are given the name of the participant (in case of a group of authors - the first author of the article) (Example: Ivanov_application, Ivanov_text, Ivanov_picture 1).
Participant registration form*
Surname, first name, patronymic (in full)
Country, region, city
Organization (full official name, address), position
Name of the report / article
Form of participation
Contributors / co-authors
(full name, organization)
Participation in field trips (yes/no)
Choice of itinerary of field trip (Dombai, Dzhily-Su, Irgaklinsky preserve)
*If there are co-authors/co-authors, a separate registration form should be filled in for each of them.
Requirements for the design of conference materials
Text up to 3 pages, font Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, single spacing, margins - 2 cm on all sides, alignment of the main text - to the width, without indentation, spacing 1.25. A sample of material design is given in Appendix 1.
The use of illustrative material in the article is allowed. Figures (jpg, tif format), tables (Word format) are centered in the text of the article. Mathematical and other formulas are placed in the text using the function "Insert symbols" in Microsoft Word.References in the text are given in parentheses, indicating the author and year of publication (example - Ivanov, 2007...). The list of references should be drawn up in accordance with the current State Standard.
The number of individual publications of one author should not exceed 2; the number of publications in the author's group should not exceed 4.
The file of the article, prepared according to the rules, should be sent together with the application form to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Alexandra Alexeevna Vasilevskaya) until July 10, 2023 inclusive. Figures, if available, should be sent together with the text of the article by additional separate graphic files (jpg, tif format).
The registration fee for full-time participation is 1500 rubles (includes 1 copy of the collection, organizational and publishing costs). Extramural participation and fees for postgraduates and students is 700 rubles (includes postal charges for conference materials).
The card is linked to the phone number +7 926 527 82 13
Accommodation in Kislovodsk during the Conference is provided by the participants themselves. Recommendations on the best places to stay, cafeterias (walking distance to the Conference venue) will be sent to the participants in the second information letter.
A guided tour around the territory and the Visit Center of the Kislovodskiy National Park will be organized for the participants of the Conference. The protected area was established on the basis of the unique, one of the oldest resort parks in the Caucasian Mineral Waters region celebrating its 200th anniversary in 2023. The National Park has dual special status as a protected area and a cultural heritage site of federal significance. In 2020, the Kislovodskiy National Park Visitor Centre was ranked among the three best in the country by the Golden Trail of Russia professional competition.
At the request of the participants, it is planned to organise field trips to:
- Irgaklinskiy reserve (during the period of the conference, one can observe large concentrations of migrating birds: goldeneye and green pikas, mute fritillaries, waterfowl and near-water birds: lapwing, peacock, terns, different gulls and terns, etc. A visit to a melon field and a vineyard is planned along the way).
Further information on the field trips (date and time, cost) will be communicated after the processing of participants' applications in the second information letter of the Conference. Field trips are paid separately from the organizational fee upon arrival at the Conference at the time of registration of participants. Payment for the field trip will include the rental of a vehicle for the transfer of the excursion group.
By plane. The nearest airport to Kislovodsk (≈60 km) is Mineralnye Vody. From the airport you can get by shuttle bus, taxi, suburban electric train from Mineralnye Vody railway station. The electric train journey time is 1 hour. 30 min. and arrives at railway station "Kislovodsk". Further on foot 7-10 min.
By train. You can get to Kislovodsk by train, which arrives at the railway station to the terminal station with the same name. You can walk from the railway station to the central entrance of the park or to the office of park's administration (ul. Aleksey Rebrova 2/ 21 Kurortny Bulvar, building of the Narzanaya Galereya), it will take 7-10 minutes to get there by foot.
It is possible to get there by bus. You can get to Kislovodsk by bus to the bus station "Kislovodsk". From a bus station the route taxi № 23, to a stop "Narzannye vanni" or "Zheleznodorozhny vokzal". Further on you can walk (Aleksey Rebrova St. 2 / 21 Kurortny Bulvar, building of the Narzan Gallery). It will take 7-10 minutes.
By car. You can get to Kislovodsk by car along federal road A-157. Then go by car to the central entrance of the park or to the office of Park administration (2, Alexey Rebrov St. / 21, Kurortny Boulevard, building of the Narsan Gallery).
Contact information of the Organising Committee representatives
Lyubov Malovychko (general organisational and programme matters, organisational fee)
The conference will take place on 21-22 September 2023 in the conference hall of the Kislovodskiy National Park. The conference plans to discuss a wide range of topical issues on the distribution, ecology, and practical importance of birds in agrocenoses.
Dates: 21.09.2023 – 22.09.2023.
Place: Kislovodsk, Россия.
Organizers: Timiryazev Russian State Agrarian University, National Park "Kislovodsk", Russian Bird Conservation Union, Interdistrict Territorial Young Naturalists' Station of Kislovodsk.