On October 22–23, 2021, the First all-Russian with international participation scientific and practical conference on the study of birds feather cover will be held in Ulyanovsk.
The aim of the conference is to exchange information in the field of modern ptilological research between collectors and professional researchers of bird feathers.
To participate in the conference are invited: collectors, professional ornithologists (including aviation), as well as specialists in related disciplines (genetics, zoologists, paleontologists, archaeologists, historians, ethnographers, employees of museums, educational institutions, organizations involved in the study of natural resources, etc.). To participate in a separate youth section (held online on the Zoom platform), students of grades 8–11 are invited to master basic general education, basic professional and additional educational programs.
The program includes plenary and breakout sessions, as well as a round table on key topics:
- Collection and storage of collections of feathers.
- Fundamental ptilological studies: microscopic studies, pterilosis and ptylosis of birds, feather morphology, ontogenesis and molt.
- The feather cover as an object of applied research: population and taxonomic studies, determination of the sex and age of birds, biomonitoring, study of the diet of predatory animals, etc.
- The problem of poaching and the sale of feathers of rare bird species.
- Bird feather in culture, environmental education and enlightenment.
See further details in the first newsletter.
The organizing committee of the conference will be grateful for the dissemination of this information among your colleagues!
Department of the Goncharov Museum of local history of the Ulyanovsk region
Ulyanovsk, st. Spasskaya, 22
tel .: 8 (8422) 27-87-53
We are in social networks:
Modified: Feb. 15, 2021, 9:54 a.m.